Saturday, August 21, 2010

What type of education do you need to start your own salon ?

Although the cosmetology lic. would be a start. It is good to have a little bit of knowledge on the business. Like start by renting a booth or managing a salon for a few years for the exper. so you do not dive in something you may later realize you do not want. I have had a lic. for 14-15 yrs and had my own booth and management for 10yrs. I did all that with hopes it would give me the heads up for that to be successful. And it worked, I realized it was not my passion...so glad I didn't do it right away. Taste before you eat girl.


Best wishes.


Experience is the best education.What type of education do you need to start your own salon ?
cosmetology degree or at least certification, and you should probably have a business degree for the financial endWhat type of education do you need to start your own salon ?
Cosmetics/cosmetology would be a start! Then business!
Go to one of the beauty schools so that you can get your certification, because you can't have a reputable salon if you are not.
a good certificate in hairdressing and beauty and all that, plus soem business management training, and some knowledge of tax and business law
Legally you don't need any. But I'd suggest, at the very least, an assosciates degree from a university in business administration.





Better yet, get a bachelor's or even a masters degree in business administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment