Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do you think are my chances of getting hired in a salon when I am over 40?

I am looking to get back in the workforce after being at home raising my family. I want to try something new but I am in my mid- forties. I wonder if it is too late or unrealistic to think I could go to beauty school and get my cosmetology License. What do you think? What are my chance of being hired if I do?What do you think are my chances of getting hired in a salon when I am over 40?
Ability knows no age. If you are good enough, you will get the job,....What do you think are my chances of getting hired in a salon when I am over 40?
Well first of all you must be trained for beauty or go to a beauty school to get atleast 80% of being hired. I have gone to places like Super Cuts and Hair Cuttery and everyone looks like they are in their mid 20's or 30's. I have seen one time, only one time though a lady that looks in her 50's or 60's! So i say that there is about 80% percent of being hired for beauty.
You have just as much of a chance as the 20 and 19 year olds...Age doesn't matter. As long as YOU know what your doing, and have that license, You can work in a salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment